Thursday, August 16, 2007

So it's been a while

I have not written a post in a long time, and so I decided to start again. As everyone knows in approximately 22 days I am getting married and in approximately 15 days I leave for Hawaii. Anyone who knows me ... knows that I am pretty much super pumped for Hawaii.

Onto the important things: I have not really freaked out yet. In fact I am not really even that stressed out. There are things I could have done differently that I did not (ie: exercise more) but I am fine with that. Its weird how calm I have been because everyone expected me to turn into a crazy person and I have not.

Advice for anyone who wants it... get married far away. Its awesome to have someone else plan everything and then just go. Also, you don't have to worry about people who you don't really like coming. For instance, I will not have to be embarrassed by my fathers entire side of the family. Overall I am really happy with my choice to get married in Hawaii, and I am sure when we get back I will be glad we did... but there are drawbacks. So without further ado-

8 things that make me wish I had decided to have a more traditional wedding:

1. No introduction to Barry White - Your the first, the last, my everything
2. No 1st dance
3. No Tina Turner- River Deep Mountain High - No Madonna Like a Prayer, No Its raining Men for the bouquet toss
4. No final song- I had Tom Petty in mind - Don't come around here no more
5. Some people that I would have really wanted to come can't.
6. No OAR at our reception- I mean seriously? I would have never guessed
7. No Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra or David Bowie songs- They would have been played - Random I know
8. Finally- This one hurts my heart - No Heaven is a Place on Earth

3 comments:

LG said...

7 of your 8 items are music related. Which means we can totally solve all of these issues with an iPOD and a speaker hookup, which I plan to bring with me. I will DJ the afterparty!

Rachel said...

I cant wait till the afterparty! leslie is a kickass dj. ALSO one of the first times i really hung out with you was at the OAR show and you came running over to our seats (a little drunk) and go "shhh dont tell anyone but this is gonna be the first dance at our wedding" so clearly we'll have to have a little poolside OAR

Charlotte : ) said...

This is a great blog.